Steel 1350 Litre Bunded Oil Tank
Steel 1350 Litre Bunded Oil Tank
Steel Bunded Oil Tanks – Our steel 1350 litre bunded oil tanks are tough, durable & specifically designed for safe and environmentally sound and safe storage.
|Capacity (Approx.)||1350 Litres|
|Approx Empty Weight||220 Kg|
This 1350 litre oil storage tank has been fully bunded for safety reasons, which means it consists of an inner tank with a surrounding tank. As a result, it has been engineered to surpass the tough fuel storage requirements laid down by both The Environment Agency and Oil Firing Technical Association - OFTEC.
The 1350 Litre Steel Bunded Oil Storage Tank complies with the most recent oil storage regulations, including the Environment Agency Pollution Prevention Guidelines, PPG2, plus OFTEC's Guide to Domestic Heating Oil Storage. For further details on these requirements please click on the pdf information sheets below.
Standard equipment includes a 1" BSP bottom mounted boiler outlet, 2" BSP top mounted fill point plus a 2" rear mount tank vent with weather proof cowl. The tank is manufactured from 2mm inner and outer mild steel and has been finished in primer plus gloss top coat paint. Thicker 3mm inner and outer steel can be specified at extra cost, please contact us for details and prices.
This bunded oil storage tank is suitable for storing heating oil above ground at homes, businesses, commercial, agricultural and institutional premises. Due to the flexible design of this tank it can also be modified for use as a bunded generator or grain drier oil storage tank.
Known for strength and durability, these steel tanks have been engineered with safety and the environment in mind to ensure heating oil, diesel, gas oil or red diesel is securely stored.
- 1350 Steel Bunded Oil Tank suitable for storing home heating oil
- Also ideal for use as a small generator or farm grain drier feed tank - additional feed and returns available
- 2mm thickness inner and outer mild steel. Thicker steel available for an extra price (request when ordering)
- 2" BSP male thread top mounted fuel tank fill point
- 1" BSP female thread bottom mounted boiler feed. Top mounted feed also available through us (just ask when you place your order
- RPM Fuels & Tanks Bottom Outlet Fitting Kit
- Spin Secure Fill Point Locking Cap for added protection
- 4ft Clock Type Tank Contents Gauge to view the contents of your oil tank
Q. WHEN SHOULD A BUNDED OIL TANK BE INSTALLED?
A. Generally a bunded tank for storage of oil should be installed at any domestic installation where the tank:
Is within 10 meters of a water source such as a river, lake, sea or when run off can reach this area.
Is within 50 meters of a well, borehole or spring, or when run off can reach this point.
Has a capacity of more than 2500 Litres.
Is located where spillage could run into an open drain or to a loose-fitting manhole cover.
Is located where the tank vent pipe outlets cannot be seen from the intended filling point.
Is located within a Zone 1 EA Groundwater Source Protection Zone
Is there a difference between the types of tanks?
Yes, there are lots of differences between the types of oil storage tanks and these are also available in a variety of sizes.
• Single skin tanks (non bunded) are used more in residential situations rather than commercial. However, a bunded version may be required in a residential situation dependant on the results of a risk assessment, to prevent any pollution from occurring.
• A bunded tank is a tank within a tank or a tank surrounded by a protective wall. Bunded tanks are used to prevent pollution and accidental spillage, containing any leaks within the second tank. Normally used in commercial surroundings.
• Double skinned tanks are like bunded tanks, but possess two protective walls with a small gap between.