Steel 2500 Litre Bunded Oil Tank
Steel 2500 Litre Bunded Oil Tank
Bunded Oil Tanks – The steel 2500 litre bunded oil tank is robust and designed for the safe & environmentally sound storage of oil, diesel and gas oil.
DIMENSIONS, WEIGHTS AND CAPACITIES:
|Approx. Capacity||2500 Litres|
|Approx. Empty Weight||380 kg|
The robust Steel 2500 Litre Oil Tank is fully bunded, which means the metal storage tank is safely enclosed within an outer layer. It is suitable for the above ground storage of fuel oils at a range of premises, including homes, businesses, institutions, farms and factories. Another benefit of this design is that it can be adapted for use as a bunded generator or grain drier fuel storage tank.
These metal oil storage tanks have been manufactured to be environmentally sound and designed for the safe storage of heating oil as well as diesel, gas oil or red diesel, to comply with both the Environment Agency (EA) and OFTEC regulations. The equipment available as standard with this tank includes a 1" BSP bottom mounted boiler outlet, 2" BSP top mounted fill point as well as a 2" rear mount tank vent with weather proof cowl.
The tank has been made from 2mm inner and outer mild steel and has an attractive glossy top coat paint finish. If you would prefer the thicker option of 3mm inner and outer steel, just get in touch with us direct for further details and prices.
This Metal 2500 Litre Bunded Oil Tank is ready to be ordered today at the very competitive price of £895.00 + VAT (£1074.00 inc. VAT) with FREE UK mainland delivery.
- Ideal for the storage of heating oil at homes or small commercial premises
- Inner and outer tank made from 2mm thick steel
- Thicker steel can be specified at additional cost
- 2" BSP (M) top mounted fill point
- 2" tank vent with high quality all weather cowl
- 1" BSP (F) bottom mounted boiler feed outlet
- Top mounted boiler feed available on request
- Bottom Outlet Fitting Kit
- Spin Secure Fill Point Locking Cap, for additional safety
- 4ft Clock Type Tank Contents Gauge to view the contents of your tank at a glance
Q. WHEN SHOULD A BUNDED OIL TANK BE INSTALLED?
A. Generally a bunded tank for storage of oil should be installed at any domestic installation where the tank:
Is within 10 meters of a water source such as a river, lake, sea or when run off can reach this area.
Is within 50 meters of a well, borehole or spring, or when run off can reach this point.
Has a capacity of more than 2500 Litres.
Is located where spillage could run into an open drain or to a loose-fitting manhole cover.
Is located where the tank vent pipe outlets cannot be seen from the intended filling point.
Is located within a Zone 1 EA Groundwater Source Protection Zone
Is there a difference between the types of tanks?
Yes, there are lots of differences between the types of oil storage tanks and these are also available in a variety of sizes.
• Single skin tanks (non bunded) are used more in residential situations rather than commercial. However, a bunded version may be required in a residential situation dependant on the results of a risk assessment, to prevent any pollution from occurring.
• A bunded tank is a tank within a tank or a tank surrounded by a protective wall. Bunded tanks are used to prevent pollution and accidental spillage, containing any leaks within the second tank. Normally used in commercial surroundings.
• Double skinned tanks are like bunded tanks, but possess two protective walls with a small gap between.